FAPI WG Meeting Notes (2020-06-10)
Date & Time: 2020-06-10 14:00 UTC
Location: GoToMeeting https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/321819862
- 1. Roll Call
- 2. Adoption of Agenda (Nat)
- 3. Events
- 4. External Organizations
- 5. Multiple issuers (Dave/Joseph)
- 6. Drafts Developments
- 7. AOB
The meeting was called to order at 14:__ UTC.
- Attending: Nat, Bjorn, Kosuke, Don, Joseph, Chris, Stuart, Daniel, Allan,Brian, Dima
- Regrets: Dave
- As is.
- It seems it is going to use this system. https://onlinexperiences.com/Launch/StudioTest.htm
- Should hear before the end of week for the scheduling of the June workshop.
- Org meeting later this week and working closely with Santandar.
- FAPI and eKYC WG work to be included.
- Sent out email response this Monday.
- Call for contribution is closed.
- Workshop (3 hours or less) is still open.
- Open Banking / Live workshop of certification may be possible. (Chris and Joseph)
- The Financial Data Exchange has indicated an interest in presenting at the OAUTH Security workshop on intermediary identity and end to end encryption (Don)
- Eventual alignment happening to FAPI 1.0. On some issues, Big 4 and Two recipients seem to be aligned to normative standards like FAPI 1.0 and not CDR.
- Open Banking Round table today where Data61 Banking API Lead Mark Verstege indicated his vision to push towards FAPI 2.0 (or all the specs that form FAPI 2.0).
- In UK, Fintechs never used Sandbox but only live accounts of friends and family to test. So, it took about a year before Open Banking adoption started picking up.
- Ping has just announced CDR sandbox availability https://www.pingidentity.com/en/company/press-releases-folder/2020/consumer-data-right-sandbox-open-banking-australia.html
- On track for ver. 3.1. Only small change for account switching from one bank to another. CASS (Current Account Switch Service).
- Meeting with OBIE later this week re: progress on certification. Strongly encourage non-CMA9 banks to get certified.
- EBA published updated set of clarifications. Additional requirements on authentication on June 4. https://eba.europa.eu/sites/default/documents/files/document_library/Publications/Opinions/2020/884569/EBA%20Opinion%20on%20obstacles%20under%20Art.%2032%283%29%20RTS%20on%20SCA%26CSC.pdf
- Work continues on Variable Current Payment but still some dates away.
- Big payment use-cases: Payments for government and Tax, Payments for payroll (which is only used by big companies through batch process). The government might mandate it.
- Reducing fraud staff payment COVID-19 funding.
- Bit more discussion on OAuth WG. A bit negative opinions. However, there is no viable counter-proposal.
- Issuers discovery.
- Chris/Freddi/Joseph will have a call on Friday to come up with a solution.
- Please send PR! All the issues are already assigned.
- Advanced: Need more feedback
- Certification: WG intends to provide it in 2021.
- Chris suggested "My suggestion is to get a cost together for the suite for v2 - then you can go to the market to seek funding from maybe some of the other regulators, banks, tech companies"
The meeting was adjourned at 14:59 UTC.