= TOC =
Fixes N Changes
Additional helper software
Items using conkywx.lua
Items No longer in config file
Magellan Unicode support
Set wx Limits
= Fixes =
Complete re-write of the parsing engine as wunderground updated the website with a fantastic look.
conkywx.lua – compilation of many widgets – some written other modified for conkywx
Two new trend graphs – Humidity and Wind speed.
Set Limits for Temperature Dewpoint and Humidity
= Additional helper software =
- for maximum user experience install conky with lua bindings
- required – normally preinstalled – fixes unicode
- required if RTL language used – fixes right to left [RTL] text eg farsi arabic etc
- required – File::Copy – part for Perl core
- required – Time::Piece – part for Perl core – Except on Fedora manual install required.
- required – utf8 – part for Perl core
- required – HTML::Entities
If you get a missing perl module error – use “sudo cpan name of module” to install the module.
cpan is installed with perl in most distros – otherwise you will require to install cpam first. Check “type cpan” and you will know.
= Items using conkywx.lua =
These are handled by conkywx.lua. Gnuplot and Imagemagick are NOT required.
- Dynamic Moon – moon spins and displays image similar to moon outside
- Font to Image – Converts font to images
- trend graphs for temperature, pressure and dew point.
- font to image
- Trend Graphs
There are many other widgets – please refer to conkywx lua wiki
= Items No longer in config file =
- Font to Image
- font to image
- font to image tweaks
- Trend Graphs
= Units_downloaded =
Removed from config file and not required.
Data is downloaded in wunderground native format – Imperial.
= Language Translation =
This is a major revision for language translation !!!
For using ProPah German [Thanks Flowo]- Unicode support has been built into Conkywx.
Translation engine has been completely re-written.
Following languages are supported for display of weather information – from wunderground afrikaans, albanian, arabic, basque, belarusian, bulgarian, catalan, cornish, croatian, czech, danish, deutsch, dutch, espanol, esperanto, estonian, farsi, finnish, french, frenchcanadian, gaelic, galician, greek, hebrew, hindi, hungarian, icelandic, ido, indonesian, italian, javanese, korean, latin, latvian, lithuanian, lowgerman, macedonian, maltese, maori, marathi, nihongo, norwegian, occitan, pashto, polish, portuguese, romanian, russian, serbianlatin, simplifiedchinese, traditionalchinese, slovak, serbian, slovenian, swahili, swedish, swiss, tagalog, tatarish,thai, turkish, turkmen, ukrainian, urdu, vietnamese, welsh, yiddishtransliterated, yiddishunicode
= Magellan Unicode support =
Magellan output is unicode compliant.
Please refer to man strftime or man date – use locale specific modifiers to see date in locale language format.
= Alerts =
German wunderground has Local Active Alerts – this made it necessary for doing tweaks and changes for the alert system. I am sure we shall start seeing active alerts for other locations around the world.
= Set wx Limits =
These are the set limits for Temperature Dewpoint and Humidity.
These values are loose and should work for all cases.
message me if you feel they should be any different.
temp_high_F = 140
temp_high_C = 60
temp_low_F = -130
temp_low_C = -90
DP_H = 100
DP_L = -100
humudity_high = 100
humudity_low = 0
= Trend Graphs =
New – [GH] Graph for Humidity [GW] Graph for Wind Speed
Sometimes graph data has error values -999 or -9999 – these are now deleted from the graph seed data retrieved from wund. Subequent data is collected by conkywx.
= Debug =
Debug file will now be compressed archive.
It will hold the log file and downloaded data file
= Table of Contents =
Fixes N Changes
Delete /etc/conkywx – not required
For date formats – remove any + character – use man strftime not man date for getting time and date formats – nearly same – just in case ;-) – and we do not need the + anymore.
= Fixes =
Many – infact really very many
Recent ones – Station name, Moon Phases
For changes see the list above and the details below…
= Templates =
All templates in examples directory have been renamed – refer to the wiki for the changes or have a look inside the examples directory.
Templates for Fonts and Images are in the same template – the user just needs to comment the sections not required.
= Config files =
Changes in the config files
Delete the directory at /etc/conkywx – on un-install of conkywx the system does not do that.
There are 2 config files now system.conf Default location $HOME/.config/conkywx Has following elements ConkyStartScript=”$HOME/bin/conky-restart” Name and path of the script that starts your system conky (which would also be starting your conkywx program. This script must have killall conky or some mechanism where each conky process using conkywx is terminated and restarted. language_for_msgs=“it” Language used for messages – default is english but say if you want to see msgs in Italian then you can set your setting here. URLs used in this program These were at the bottom of conkywx.conf – now moved to system.conf
conkywx.conf using -t command line option with templates Use the -c option to define config file name and location. The standard templates in the program use their respective config files fron the conkywx examples directory.
using -d command line option NO templates For single location one can use /home/username/.config/conkywx.conf. For multiple location use the -c option to specify the config file name and location
New Options: Dynamic_moon comment this variable to disable Dynamic_Moon , Use your local time for Dynamic moon calculation , Use station time for Dynamic moon calculation Note: Option  is useful if you see other Locations/ Cities on your Desktop. You will see the moon image turn as seen if you were in that Location.
font_to_image - convert ConkyWeather font to 3D images – state the colour here. - Use only for Image Templates - COMMENT these options for using in font templates - COMMENT these options for using regular weather images in image templates - Needs Imagemagick installed - to see List of Color Names visit http://www.imagemagick.org/script/color.php fti_now=’#fed577’ fti_wind=‘DarkSeaGreen1’ fti_fct=‘lime’
Trend Graphs - We have ability to generate graphs for temperature, pressure and dewpoint - You need gnuplot to be installed - comment these colour options do disable - colour can be in names or ‘#fed577’ format if name gives white output - This seed data is generated by wunderground and rest is recorded by conkywx graph_temp=‘red’ graph_pressure=‘green’ graph_dewpoint=‘cyan’
Changed options: ——————————————————————————————————— Weather alerts - Active Alerts – depeneding what action is happening at your location - Tropical Alerts – are Tropical Storm system information - comment to disable show_wx_Active_alerts=1 show_wx_Tropical_alerts=1
Time_format The options have been changed from starting with 0 – now start with 1 # ———————————————————————————————————- # Use UPPERCASE or lowercase AM PM or am pm for 12 hour time format # ———————————————————————————————————- #  ALL UPPERCASE (EXAMPLE: 03:00 PM) #  all lowercase (example: 03:00 pm) #  Hide am pm (example: 03:00) #  all lowercase with no padding/spacing (example: 3:00pm) #  Use 24 hour time format [Default] # OR – To Use custom time format. State the format here # To get more date formats see man strftime # Time_format=’%-I:%M %p’ Time_format=1
moon_time # ———————————————————————————————————- # Show time with month and day for Moon Phases # ———————————————————————————————————- #  Show month day time (example: May 18 10:06 am) # The time will follow the Time_format settings above in Time_format. #  Show only month n day (EXAMPLE: May 18) [Default] # OR – To Use custom time format. State the format here # To get more date formats see man strftime moon_time=’%d %b %R’ # moon_time=1
= Images =
All weather icons and moon icons have been optimised.
= Moon Images =
Moon images have a tilt now – more realistic. They reflect the correct image for the phase for Northern and Southern Hemispheres.
= Moon Fonts =
Moon fonts now show correct characters for Northern and Southern Hemispheres
= Dynamic Moon =
Conkywx shows you what the moon looks or may look [if below horizon] at any given time – as it looks outside.
You will need Imagemagick installed for moon image rendering to take place.
For locations in the Southern Hemisphere
- the moon spin is opposite to the Northern Hemisphere.
- Moon Phases work opposite to the Northern Hemisphere in terms of moon illumination
= Conkywx Assistant =
You now get the option to select between the active conkywx sessions. You do not have to remember or type your conkywx config file in use.
= Debug =
More detailed debug file – if you select the messages language in system.conf – the log file generated will be in your language.
= font to image =
- convert ConkyWeather font to 3D images – state the colour here.
- Use only for Image Templates
- COMMENT these options for using in font templates
- COMMENT these options for using regular weather images in image templates
- Needs to have Imagemagick installed
- to see List of Color Names visit http://www.imagemagick.org/script/color.php this is sexy
- for current condition - fti_now=’#fed577’
- for wind rose - fti_wind=‘DarkSeaGreen1’
- for forcaste conditions - fti_fct=‘lime’
- These settings are at the bottom of the conkywx config file
- Font to image internal settings – do not comment – change only if required
- These setting changes may be required for some Systems
- ONLY USED if you are using fti [ font to image] above – do not comment these
- you can change these values if rendered images are not to your liking
- 3d_depth = normalize level % – 0-max depth, 50-flat, 50 – 100 inverse 3D, only whole values no decimal
- line_thickness = strokewidth value can use decimal values
- image_thickness = blur sigma value can use decimal values
- brightness = tint % only whole values no decimal
= Trend Graphs =
- We have ability to generate graphs for temperature, pressure and dewpoint
- You need gnuplot to be installed
- comment these colour options do disable
- colour can be in names or ‘#fed577’ format if name gives white output
- This seed data is generated by wunderground and rest is recorded by conkywx
= Weather alerts =
- Active Alerts – depeneding what action is happening at your location
- Tropical Alerts – are Tropical Storm system information
- comment to disable