MCPatcher's Custom Colors feature allows the customization of a wide range of
hard-coded colors throughout the game, from lighting to particle effects to
sheep wool. Because the customization offered is so extensive, explanation is
broken down into separate pages.
Many of these features are controlled by a single properties file located at
Others have their own properties and image files.
- Custom Biome Palettes (terrain, overworld fog, sky, and underwater)
- Custom Lighting (sunlight and torch light)
- Custom Text Colors (signs, GUI, chat colors)
- Custom Item and Mob Colors (potions, spawner eggs, leather armor)
- Other Block Colors (redstone, pumpkin/melon stems)
- Particle Colors (lava/water drops, xp orbs, mycelium)