Spotlight is a lightweight XBMC add-on that allows you to search, browse and play music from Spotify service by using native XBMC menus. This allows you to control most of the features of this add-on from a mobile client like Yatse without using any display.
It requires a Premium Spotify account.
Also note that this add-on is fresh and in early beta stage so please be understanding and report any issues here.
Take a look at add-on screenshots to get an idea how it works.
Spotlight has been tested on Windows and Linux and OSX and requires at least XBMC 12 (Frodo or Gotham).
- Download zip file from Downloads section.
- In XBMC go to System > Add-ons > Install from zip file.
- Select downloaded zip and confirm.
Add-on will start running in background. Now you need to provide your Premium account credentials:
- Go to Music > Music Add-ons.
- Access Spotlight context menu (right click).
- Select Add-on settings.
- Enter credentials in Account category.
- Edit playback settings if needed.
- Restart XBMC!
Finally go to Music > Music Add-ons > Spotlight and enjoy!
Spotlight service add-on uses port 8000 by default. If it is in conflict with your other servers you can change it in Advanced settings.
- Searching for tracks
- Listing playlists (no folders support, yet)
- Listing artist albums
- Listing album tracks
- Displaying starred tracks
- Playing and queueing tracks, albums etc.
- Playlist folders
- Inbox playlist
- Starring tracks from context menu
- Multi-language support (only English is available now)
- Removing necessity of XBMC restart after setting changes or installation.
- If enabled and used together with Spotimc it may crash Spotimc or itself.
Spotlight is distributed under the terms of the GPLv3. See LICENSE.txt for details.
Spotlight uses SPOTIFY CORE but is not endorsed, certified or otherwise approved in any way by Spotify. Spotify is the registered trade mark of the Spotify Group.
Follow @spotlightxbmc to get updates on add-on development.