Spring Security SAML & ADFS prototype
An example project for demonstration of the implementation of Spring Security SAML with ADFS as an IdP (Identity Provider).
The project has following parameters:
- Build via Spring Framework and Spring Security version 5.
- Configured via Java configuration only.
- Use of SHA-256 for SAML message signing.
How to run the example
- Clone the repository.
- Run the command
- Navigate to the URL https://your-ip-address-or-hostname/saml/metadata and download a XML metadata file.
- Copy the metadata file to the ADFS server and register it as a new Relying Party Trust.
- Define a Claim Rule for Name ID and Group attributes.
- Open a browser on URL https://your-ip-address-or-hostname/deep-thought/user to proceed with SSO (Single Sign-On).
- Open a browser on URL https://your-ip-address-or-hostname/deep-thought/saml/logout to proceed with SLO (Single Logout).
- Browse the source code.
The blog-spring-security project is published under BSD 3-Clause license.