Bitbucket Broker to run Integration Builds on Jenkins/Hudson
There are already two broker to integrate Jenkins or Hudson into Bitbucket. This broker has another goal: With this broker you can execute a special job if in the commit comment is one of the fixed keywords. The fixed keywords are:
For more about this keywords take look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Setting+Up+the+Bitbucket+Issues+Service.
An integration build is an extended build with integration tests (e.g. with a real database or a deployment to a test instance).
- Scans the commit messages of all commits in a push to find out if an integration build is needed
- The build fired by this broker needs only one parameter (called CommitID)
- Builds are based on the commit contained in the push (not on the HEAD)
- Secure. The communication between bitbucket and Jenkins is secured with username and password
- Optionally you can it more secure if your Jenkins/Hudson is on a SSL-enabled webserver
- Minimal configuration of this broker (service)
You need only fill out 4 parameters:
- Endpoint: The url of your Jenkins/Hudson instance
- user_name: The username you need to login
- user_password: The password for this user
- job_name: The name of the integration job