140131 webex

Minutes Webex 31 January 2014, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PST.

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Dominique Barthel
  3. Pascal Thubert
  4. Thomas Watteyne

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Dominique Barthel
  2. Giuseppe Piro
  3. Guillaume Gaillard
  4. Kuor Hsin Chang
  5. Nicola Accettura
  6. Pascal Thubert
  7. Pat Kinney
  8. Pouria Zand
  9. Qin Wang
  10. Rene Struik
  11. Rouhollah Nabati
  12. Shitanshu Shah
  13. Thomas Watteyne
  14. Xavi Vilajosana
  15. Yoshihiro Ohba

Recording

Slides

Action Items

  • Pat to put together an overview of IEEE standardization process and send to 6TiSCH ML, including how 6TiSCH WG members can participate in IEEE 6T IG.
  • Qin to publish -00 of interface draft.

Agenda

  • Administrivia [4min]
    • Approval agenda
    • Approval minutes last call
    • IETF89 preliminary agenda
    • update security discussion
  • IEEE "802.15.IG6T" IETF Liaison 6TiSCH Interest Group (IG 6T) [20min]
    • update [Pat Kinney]
    • discussion
  • draft-wang-6tisch-6top-interface-00 [Qin Wang] [20min]
  • use cases and ToS bits [Pascal Thubert] [time permitting]
  • AOB [1min]

Minutes

  • [08.05] Meeting starts [Pascal]
    • Recording starts.
    • A new note well text was proposed 6 weeks ago, which we used in our slides.
    • Lots of discussion on the IETF ML about this new proposed note well; people don't agree with the text.
    • The IETF decided to revert to previous version for now.
    • Slides reflect this change.
    • Pascal presents agenda.
  • [08.06] Administrivia
    • Approval agenda

      No issues raised. Agenda approved.

    • Approval minutes last call

      No issues raised. Minutes approved.

    • IETF89 preliminary agenda
      • Not yet published at time of call.
      • Will be published at http://www.ietf.org/meeting/89/ today by midnight UTC.
      • Until Monday midnight to ask for re-schedule if applies.
      • 14 February is the cut-off for all drafts (including -00).
    • Update security discussion
      • Security team had a webex on 1/27.
      • Recording and attendance at https://bitbucket.org/6tisch/meetings/wiki/140127_webex_security
      • Goal is to define security architecture.
      • First step would be to publish a draft which gives an overview of security in the context of LLNs, similar to draft-ietf-6tisch-tsch, but for security.
      • [Thomas] Very early stages, discussion about different solutions used by related protocols. Discussion about the notions of synchronization.
      • Next meeting on Monday 3 February 8-9am PST
  • IEEE "802.15.IG6T" IETF Liaison 6TiSCH Interest Group (IG 6T)
    • update [Pat Kinney]
      • Pat is chair of 802.15.4 WG, and chair of the revision group.
      • IEEE, 2 groups talk about 6TiSCH.
      • 6TiSCH interest group formed in november.
      • meetings covered:
        • overview from Pascal
        • overview of 15.4 MAC changes
        • around 20 participants
      • review objectives of 6tisch.
      • review goals and action items. To support and enhance 15.4e.
      • March Beijing, meeting.
      • Discussing aspects to work with 6TiSCH.
      • Review the behavior is necessary to implement TSCH.
      • Protocol implementation statement: describes at some degree (what behaviors are necessary) to implement TSCH.
      • [Thomas] Statement about behaviours. What do you mean? This is part of 15.4e, right?
      • [Pat] 4e is a collection of MAC changes, not TSCH only, there is DSME, low latency networks.
      • A lot of people do not understand that they do not have to implement everything.
      • This is the mission of the working document/discussion.
      • 2 next calls scheduld 2/6 and 2/27, to discuss aspects on how to work together with 6TiSCH.
    • discussion
      • [Thomas] Do you have any idea of the timeline when 4e will become the new revision of 15.4?
      • [Pat] IEEE requires new revision after 3 amendments, or 3 years.
      • The rollout includes 7 amendements.
    • [Pat]move head and get proposals/suggestions, how IEEE group can work with 6TiSCH together to find beneficial outcomes and collaborations.
    • [Pascal] We have the opportunity to share our work with IEEE.
    • Allocated IEs, changing the revision to be able to allocate high level IEs (sub-IDs).
    • Possibly allocate a high level IE ID to e.g. IETF. Then, IETF needs to use sub-IDs.
    • Revision will be done this year, if we can agree on IE IDs, we could put in right into revision. We should work quickly on IEs.
    • This can be added to the revision if we work quickly.
    • [Thomas] We are not chartered yet to work for dynamic scheduling. In few month we will be chartered for that. We could own the format and contents of the IE and how we cut in sub-IEs, for now.
  • [Rene] timeline?
  • [Pat] We want to have this effort done by end of year. First WG letter ballot by July. Sponsor ballot in November.

    Action item: **[Pat] to put together an overview of IEEE standardization process and send to 6TiSCH ML, including how 6TiSCH WG members can participate in IEEE 6T IG.

  • [Pascal] That would be great. Could you share how people from IETF 6TiSCH participates in IEEE 6T IG?
  • [Pat] Yes, will do. 6T WG and IETF 6TiSCH meets at 6top sublayer.
  • [Pascal] Would simplify to work together between IETF and IEEE.
  • [08.42] draft-wang-6tisch-6top-interface-00 [Qin Wang]
    • [Qin] We had a large document for 6top. We cut it in two parts: interface and sublayer.
    • Sublayer draft will talk about 6top to 6top communication, and has more relationship for IEEE802.15.4.
    • Interface draft is on repository.
    • Section 3 comes from original 6top document.
    • In the interface draft, we added the data model in YANG.
    • As discussed, MIB data model of 6top includes 3 parts:
      • MIB
      • parts of the 802.15.4 PIB
      • parts of the IEEE802.15.4e PIB.
    • In the current document, work on 6top MIB. First time writing a YANG model.
    • Some highlights of what is new in the interface document:
      • Added definitin on chunk.
      • Modified the cell model. Before, bitmap of link type for hard/soft cell. Yet, link type is attribute to IEEE802.15.4e. We now use a separate 6top-specific attribute to a cell.
      • Changed some command parameters.
      • Removed security related commands (because work on IEEE802.15.4 PIB, so we can use that PIB directly).
      • Management of chunks, with add/delete capabilities.
    • Objective is publish -00 or -01 before the cutoff date for IETF89 London.
    • We want to get feedback first.
    • [Pascal] can you present in London?
    • [Qin] Applied for visa, waiting for reply. Hopefully in London.
    • [Pascal] Suggests to find someone from YANG world to review the model
    • [Thomas] YANG model will be very useful for the CoAP draft as well.
    • [Thomas] Discussion about division between sublayer/interface drafts. There is a lot of introductory text that IMHO should be moved to the sublayer draft. The interface draft should mainly contain the YANG model.
    • [Thomas] Importance of publishing -00 to request comments.
    • [Thomas] Commands are internal to the mote, not something that translates into a protocol.
    • [Pouria] Question about URIs in CoAP draft. How do we use YANG model?
    • [Thomas] YANG model will be translated in URIs, which might require some changes toCoAP draft.
    • [Thomas] See draft presented two weeks ago that automatically translates YANG model into CoAP URIs.
    • [Qin] We should get feedback from CORE or YANG group on -00 before making further changes.
    • [Pascal] please publish as -00, no big deal, will attract potential contributors.
  • [08.??] use cases and ToS bits [Pascal Thubert]

    Pushed to next call by lack of time.

  • [09.08] AOB [1min]

    No other business raised.

  • [09.10] Meeting ends

Updated

Tip: Filter by directory path e.g. /media app.js to search for public/media/app.js.
Tip: Use camelCasing e.g. ProjME to search for ProjectModifiedEvent.java.
Tip: Filter by extension type e.g. /repo .js to search for all .js files in the /repo directory.
Tip: Separate your search with spaces e.g. /ssh pom.xml to search for src/ssh/pom.xml.
Tip: Use ↑ and ↓ arrow keys to navigate and return to view the file.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Ctrl+j (next) and Ctrl+k (previous) and view the file with Ctrl+o.
Tip: You can also navigate files with Alt+j (next) and Alt+k (previous) and view the file with Alt+o.