Clone wiki

meetings / 170428_webex

DRAFT

Minutes, 28 April 2017 interim, 6TiSCH WG

Note: timestamps in PDT.

Connection details

Taking notes (using Etherpad)

  1. Xavi Vilajosana
  2. Pascal Thubert

Present (alphabetically)

  1. Diego Dujovne
  2. Jonathan Munoz
  3. Malisa Vucinic
  4. Maria-Rita Palatella
  5. Michael Richardson
  6. Qin Wang
  7. Rashid Sangi
  8. Pascal Thubert
  9. Remy Leone
  10. Thomas Watteyne
  11. Simon Duquennoy
  12. Xavi Vilajosana
  13. Tengfei Chang

Action Items

 * Thomas to contact Carsten
 * Thomas to contact MR and coordinate PT
 * Xavi and Qin to review SF0
 * Jonathan to review 6P after Charlie's comments are addressed
 * Xavi and Qin to address Charlie's comments
 * Xavi to bootrap research liaison

Agenda

  • Administrivia [ 2min]

    • Agenda bashing
    • Approval minutes from last meeting
  • Status of drafts (chairs) [15min]

    • Adoption of Michael’s drafts on security – co authors?
    • 6P and SF0 – launching last calls?
  • 6P finalization (Thomas, Qin) [10min]

  • Update on security (Michael/Malisa) [10min]
  • Research Liaison Task Force (Thomas) [15min]
  • AOB [ 3min]

Minutes

  • [07:05]Administrivia [ 2min]

    • Agenda bashing
    • Approval minutes from last meeting
    • Minutes of last meeting; this agenda approval => all Approved
  • [7:07]Status of drafts (chairs)

    • todo from last time:

      • Randy to check IETF documents on 6TiSCH and what its relation to detnet.
      • Plugtest: Have a chat and move ahead with the plugtest. Miguel and MR agreed on going forward with the Plugtest. The weekend before the IETF meeting in Prague. Collocated event between 6TiSCH and CoRe (OsCOAP). - Action: TW to contact Carsten - ETSI: Will organize providing TRT tool - Remark from Michael: Not having NDA in the plugtest. ETSI agreed to not have the NDA. - Maria Rita volunteers to be part of the organization team. - Remy asks for the test descriptions as a markdown document instead of workd or pdf file. - MR should use some online tools. - F-Interop tools will be used.
        - The test description will be published by mid of June. - 14th and 15th of July Plugtest. - for each test think how the assertions can be made true or false. - Remy agrees to be proof-reader of the test-description - MR: have a new set of tests that are already done from previous plugtests that can be ported to F-interop. No need to add everything. - Remy: to demo F-Interop in 2 week (next meeting). - Minimal, 6P, Minimal security?
        - Malisa: we are at a point were we can use minimal security with pre-shared keys. - MR: agrees. - Remy: are those minimal security frames supported by tshark (wireshark). - Malisa: there is no dissector for OSCOAP in Wireshark. - 6P -> Adapt from previous tests. - Call for experts: send CVs and selection process to write the test description. beta version for mid June. Final version for 1st of July.

      • Adoption of Michael’s drafts on security

         - Diego joins enhanced beacon draft.
            - todo a cleanup and publish before call for adoption.
        
         - Peter volunteer to help on rekey draft. A refresh will be done and then will be an adoption call.
        
  • [7: ] 6P finalization (Thomas, Qin) [10min]

    • 6P and SF0 – launching last calls?

      • wrap up 6P draft
      • Charlie provided comments. Need to be addressed by the drafts.
      • Xavi and Qin volunteer to review SF0 draft before last-call.
      • Xavi and Qin to work on addressing 6P issues raised by Charlie.
      • Action: Diego to write an email and open a ticket to track the issues between SF and 6P.
      • Action: Jonathan to review 6P draft.
    • SF0 to be experimental
  • [7: ] Update on security (Michael/Malisa) [10min]

    • Concern on using EDHOC and OSCOAP which are not being adopted by any WG.
    • We need a lower network cost mechanism (w.r.t. DTLS) and this 2 mechanisms fit our needs.
    • the 6TiSCH minimal security needs more explanatory tags indicating why is not covering some aspects. Comment from AD.
    • Malisa is working to provide an evaluation of the joining overhead considering different mechanisms.
    • The key of using OSCOAP is the lesser number of packet exchanges.
    • DTLS has 29 B of overhead.
  • [7: ] Research Liaison Task Force (Thomas) [ 3min]

    • It might be useful to have some tracking of what is going on in terms of performance, experimentation, evaluation, simulation, etc...
    • List the ideas of stuff that we would like somebody to work on and validate concepts.
    • How this was in the RPL days? Pascal.
      • Nothing formal in RPL.
      • Might make sense to have somebody looking at what is going on in the research/industry community and link it to our activities.
      • Use the IETF Wiki, listing the experiments , results, etc....
      • Xavi volunteers to move this forward.
  • [8: ] AOB?

    • No other B.

Updated