This tool has been created to replace the built in Steam backup and restore utility. Generally speaking it will compress games faster and/or smaller (depending on the settings) than the default backup feature in Steam. This tool also tends to be a lot more stable and it doesn't break the file into segments unlike the utility built into steam.
- Includes a command line interface so you can setup scheduled backups.
- After the initial Backup you have the ability to only backup games that have been updated since the previous update.
- Choose what games to backup and restore.
- Choose to restore to an alternative steam library.*
- Automatically installs games after restore.*
- Fully multithreaded and optimized for up to 8 core CPUs.
- Choose the compression level and how many thread to use.
- Will only use "spare" CPU time.
- Can automatically find steam folder.
- Checks online for new updates.
- High compression ratio due to 7z's excellent LZMA and LZMA2 compression algorithms.
(* If the game uses steams new cache format and this cache has the correct information available.)
This program requires .NET Framework 4.0 to run.