Welcome to the F.E.A.R ServerShield v2.1 (SEC2) Wiki.
SEC2 is a brand new server patch for F.E.A.R. Dedicated Server v1.08 (Win32/Linux) that offers new features and improved security.
The concept is based on the original SEC server patch (created by Sinew), but the code has been re-written entirely from scratch based on the F.E.A.R v1.08 SDK.
- Supports a new batch of F.E.A.R. Combat cd-keys available @ http://fear-community.org
- Full backwards compatibility with existing F.E.A.R v1.08 client
- Multiple SCMD login capabilities and secure login process
- Re-implemented SEC features from scratch (cmd_slay, cmd_team, etc.)
- Re-implemented SEC hack detection from scratch (SPEED_HACK, INFINITEAMMO_HACK, etc.)
- Support for up to 64 players
- Fixes for multiple server crash bugs
- New admin commands for issuing warnings (cmd_warnuser, cmd_burn, cmd_fry, cmd_energy)
- New admin command to balance teams (cmd_balance)
- New admin command to mute player chat messages (cmd_mute)
- New admin command to lock players into spectator mode (cmd_forcespectate)
- Ability to dynamically update IP bans from in-game without a server restart (cmd_banip, cmd_unbanip, cmd_listipbans)
- BanIPList.txt is now saved properly in Linux after a server restart
- Ability to dynamically change SCMD password from in-game (cmd_chgpass)
- Admin broadcasts for client connects/disconnects, hack warnings, private messages etc.
- Reserved slots system based on cd-key GUID
- Ping management system for auto-kick of high pingers
- Support for Master Server Mirrors.
- Implements Whitelist mode.
- Join Mod Servers from the Ingame Server List.
- More not listed here.
- More new features and fixes still to come
How to use
- Linux: v2.1.0 (2019 Oct 30)
- Win32: v2.1.1 (2023 Jul 05)
No files available for download yet. Please check back soon.