POPStarter for SMB
POPS compressed file :
To use POPStarter in SMB mode, you have to find and download the compressed POPS file. This file is named “POPS_IOX.PAK”...
|POPS_IOX.PAK||a625d0b3036823cdbf04a3c0e1648901||POPS.PAK with network modules embedded.|
Other Software Requirements :
- A software that allows you to convert your disc images to the POPS virtual CDROM format (such as CUE2POPS) ;
- A PS2 software that allows you to execute the POPStarter ELFs (such as uLaunchELF, or Free Harddisk Drive Boot) or a GUI to execute POPSTARTER.ELF by selecting the VCDs (such as uLE_kHn) ;
- PS2 network modules ;
- A text editor (such as Notepad).
Hardware Requirements :
- A PS2 console which is able to run PS2 unsigned code ;
- A PS2 console with a network interface (network adaptor or native) ;
- A network cable ;
- A PS2 Memory Card.
a) Installing the emulator :
- Find and download the compressed emulator files ;
- Create a directory named “POPS” in your PS2 shared folder ;
- Copy POPS_IOX.PAK into the “POPS” directory you’ve just created.
b) Installing your PS1 Games :
- Convert your BIN/CUE disc images to .VCD files using the latest stable version of CUE2POPS ;
- Put your .VCD files in the “POPS” directory of your PS2 shared folder.
c) Installing POPStarter :
- Grab the network modules and edit the 2 .DAT files (syntax below) with your network settings;
- Paste the network modules and the .DAT files into mc#/:POPSTARTER/ folder;
- Rename the POPStarter ELF as the name of your VCDs, replace the .VCD extension with a .ELF extension, add the SB. prefix (example : for running a VCD named “Crash Bandicoot (PAL).VCD”, the POPStarter ELF must be renamed as “SB.Crash Bandicoot (PAL).ELF”) ;
- Copy or leave the ELFs where you want to run them from ;
- Enjoy !
- SMBCONFIG.DAT syntax :
In a single line,
SERVER IP ADDRESS space SHARE NAME
192.168.0.254 My Shared Folder
You can also specify a port, like this (default is 445) :
192.168.0.254:139 My Shared Folder
For user authentication, write your username to line 2 and your password to line 3.
192.168.0.254 My Shared Folder MyName MyPassword
Note : for guest access, don’t write anything to line 2 and 3.
- IPCONFIG.DAT syntax : (this file is optionnal in SMB mode)
In a single line,
PS2 IP ADDRESS space NETMASK space GATEWAY
192.168.0.13 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.254
Example of setup :
=== SMB LAUNCH TYPE === mc#:/POPSTARTER/IPCONFIG.DAT mc#:/POPSTARTER/SMBCONFIG.DAT mc#:/POPSTARTER/poweroff.irx mc#:/POPSTARTER/ps2dev9.irx mc#:/POPSTARTER/smsutils.irx mc#:/POPSTARTER/ps2ip.irx mc#:/POPSTARTER/ps2smap.irx mc#:/POPSTARTER/smbman.irx smb0:/YourSharedFolder/POPS/POPS_IOX.PAK smb0:/YourSharedFolder/POPS/Crash Bandicoot (PAL).VCD mass:/SB.Crash Bandicoot (PAL).ELF
SMB launch type :
SMB supports only 1 launch type – the “new” one :
|SMB launch type|
|Prefix for POPStarter.ELF||SB.|
|POPStarter folder name||POPS|
|Description||Launch type introduced in POPStarter 13 WIP 06, OBT 08. Allows to run VCDs from an SMB share.|
|Example||With the POPStarter ELF renamed as SB.GAME.ELF, POPStarter will launch GAME.VCD which is in POPS folder, placed into your shared folder.|
Additional notes :
- You can NOT use the old POPS.ELF+IOPRP252.IMG files (POPS.PAK) in SMB mode, updating to POPS_IOX.PAK is mandatory ;
- You can load the network modules from the MC that is in the second slot too. When a file can’t be found in mc0:/POPSTARTER/, POPStarter tries to load it from mc1:/POPSTARTER/ ;
- Debug infos at startup can not be skipped in SMB mode ;
- The third character of the ELF prefix is a dot (SBdot) ;
- The file extension .VCD has to be uppercase ;
- The prefix has to be uppercase.