Update March 2022: The Bitbucket Cloud Migration Assistant now supports migrating from Bitbucket Data Center instances as well.
We are excited to announce the launch of the Bitbucket Cloud Migration Assistant, an Atlassian-supported app built to help Bitbucket Server customers automate the migration process from Bitbucket Server to Bitbucket Cloud.
If you are considering a move to Bitbucket Cloud, this is the easiest way to get started.
Download the app from the Atlassian marketplace.
What does the Bitbucket cloud migration assistant do?
You can automatically migrate:
- Your projects and repositories (repository size limit: 10GB. For larger repos, you will be prompted to contact support to request an override.)
- All pull request diffs and metadata (comments, users, authors, reviewers)
- Users, including inactive users so past comments, authors, and reviewer statuses are preserved.
Note: The app does not migrate user permissions and groups. These will need to be set after the migration is complete.
Scroll down for a demo of how it works.
- Download link
- Plan your Bitbucket Server to Cloud migration
- Need to migrate other Atlassian products? Learn more about all the latest cloud migration tools available here: Cloud Migration Tooling
Learn about Bitbucket Cloud
Bitbucket Cloud is part of the Atlassian Open DevOps suite of tools. Connect Bitbucket Cloud to Jira Software, Confluence, Opsgenie and best of breed partners like Snyk, Sentry, Datadog, and more to build your DevOps stack.
Here are some of the features you'll find in Bitbucket Cloud:
- Native Jira integration: View and comment on your Jira issues directly from your Bitbucket dashboard to keep work moving without switching apps. And when you include issue keys in your commits, your team can track code changes and deployments within Jira. Learn more | View Demo
- Built-in CI/CD: Bitbucket Pipelines is an integrated CI/CD tool in Bitbucket Cloud. This means easy setup and no servers to manage (unless you want to use your own runners). Learn more | View Demo
- DevSecOps integrations: Bitbucket Cloud has out-of-the-box integration with Snyk or you can integrate with other providers such as SonarSource, Bridgecrew, Sonatype, and others via the Bitbucket marketplace.
- Enterprise-grade security features like IP allowlisting, 2FA, and advanced user permission controls are part of Bitbucket Premium plan.
- Great features on the horizon: We're building several features such as audit logs, project-level settings, Windows and MacOS runner support, and a lot more. View the public roadmap.