- New source code location: https://bitbucket.org/gmyx/browserchooser2
- New web site: http://browserchooser2.com
- p.s. I know it does not look great, but drop me a line if you want to improve it.
- Better support for Windows 10 and it's variants (e.g. surface)
- Many lesser known browsers added to browser detection
- MS Edge properly detected and added
- Many UI customization have been added, including:
- change size of icons
- change spacing of icons
- starting position
- can specify a user agent (default is a generic Mozilla string)
- added chosen browser icons to list of add/edit browsers
- can turn off downloading of detections files and update checks
- note: it was downloaded only on first run or if you hit the detect browser button
- command line options added to bring you to a specified settings page
Fixed Issues from previous versions:
#1: Crash on Win10 open defaults dialog - api has changed in Windows 10
#3: Does not properly detect edge / support launching edge
#4: Crash on exit. Some systems did not like the way BC2 was exiting. Cleaned up.
#5: URL de-shortening could cause wierd URLs to be returned (Facebook). Now sending a user agent string
- And more crashes.
Special Thanks for new features
- J. Scott Elblein: Found many bugs and commit some code and ui improvements.
- _pi for many UI suggestions
- Norbert T. for raising issues and creative use of the tool!
- Mitch Geller, sakima, bshamster1, johnlgalt, Paul Trevino, Mark Williams for windows 10 / edge information and testing.
- Everyone who uses this tool and the many creative ways you use it!!
- If I missed your suggestion, apologies and thanks!
The documentation has been increased. While not yet complete it is covering the main screen and the configuration screen. The add / edit screens will be added later.
Special thanks to all for testing and proving great feedback!