The ILEDocs syntax is based on the Javadoc syntax.
There are two big structures supported: Program and Procedure.
Programs can be programs or modules and are grouped into projects.
Fixed RPG Comments
/** * Title * * Description * * @author me * @date now */
Free RPG Comments
/// // Title // // Description // // @author me // @date now ///
/** Title */ /** */ /** Description */ /** */ /** @author me */ /** @date now */
- author - single line - Author of the source code
- date - single line - Date (any format)
- brief (title) - single line - Must be the first tag in an ILEDocs block. The tag can also be ignored, see example above.
- link - multi line - @link http://url Description
- rev (revision) - multi line - @rev date author , following lines are the description of the revision
- deprecated - multi line - Description why a program or procedure shouldn't be used and stating any replacement.
- return - multi line - Description of the return value
- param - multi line - Description of the parameter
- project - single line - Name of the project (so that the module can be placed under the corresponding project in the UI)
- warning - multi line
- info - multi line
- throws - multi line - Id and description of an escape message the user of the program/procedure can expect in certain cases
- version - single line - version of the module