Defines checkpointing options for restart capability.
- Opens the card block, although block form is not required if only one option is specified. The checkpoint card block must be located within the SIMULATION block.
At least one of the following must be used:
- TIMES <time_unit> <double> <double> . . . <double>
- Outputs checkpoint files for each specified time point <double>. Any number of specific time points can be listed.
- PERIODIC TIME <double> <time_unit>
- Outputs checkpoint files every <double> number of <time_unit>s.
- PERIODIC TIMESTEP <int>
- Outputs checkpoint files every <int> number of timesteps. This option is identical to CHECKPOINT <int>.
- FORMAT <string>
- Indicates the checkpoint file format. Only <string> = BINARY or HDF5 supported. If FORMAT is not specified, the default format is BINARY.
If a periodic timestep is chosen, checkpoint files will be named "pflotran-ts<int>.chk", where "ts" stands for timestep, and <int> is the time step number when the file was printed. If a periodic time, or specific times were chosen, checkpoint files will be names "pflotran-<double><time_unit>.chk", where <double> is the simulation time, and <time_unit> is the unit of time specified in the CHECKPOINT card block. If the simulation completes (i.e. it reaches the final time), an additional checkpoint file appended with "-restart.chk" will also be written, where one can increase the final time and pick up from where the simulation stopped.
SIMULATION SIMULATION_TYPE SUBSURFACE PROCESS_MODELS SUBSURFACE_FLOW flow ... / SUBSURFACE_TRANSPORT transport ... / / CHECKPOINT PERIODIC TIMESTEP 10 TIMES y 10. FORMAT HDF5 / RESTART restart.chk 0. END