sbbdep / Home
sbbdep (Slack Build Binary Dependencies)
The tool for exploring binary runtime dependencies on Slackware and Slackware based systems.
In general Slackware users know very well about the advantages of having a package management that does not care about dependencies, but sometimes it might be useful to get information about which file or package depends - or is needed by - others, especially for binary dependencies.
sbbdep is a command line tool that analyses the system for binary runtime dependencies of dynamic linked files and provides the following main functionality:
- support queries for installed packages, single binary files (and package-folders)
- provide different query modes
- what are the dependencies of the given files/package
- what depends on given file/package
- has different report formats
- a summary list of package names or a
- detailed report with detailed file to file dependency information
- short report to produce *.dep files like some tools use them
- does its task very fast
a complex and large package like gimp sbbdep can report all binary dependencies within less than one second.
- can be used to generate a dependency file in a build script
sbbdep works also on directories but this makes only sense for make install DESTDIR targets.
Installation: How to install sbbdep.
Overview: A quick introduction and examples that show how sbbdep works.