sbbdep (Slack Build Binary Dependencies)
The tool for exploring binary runtime dependencies on Slackware and Slackware based systems.
In general Slackware users know very well about the advantages of having a package management that does not care about dependencies, but sometimes it might be useful to get information about which file or package depends - or is needed by - others, especially for binary dependencies.
sbbdep is a command line tool that analyses the system for binary runtime dependencies of dynamic linked files and provides the following main functionality:
- support queries for installed packages, single binary files (and package-folders)
- provide different query modes
- what are the dependencies of the given files/package
- what depends on given file/package
- has different report formats
- a summary list of package names or a
- detailed report with detailed file to file dependency information
- short report to produce *.dep files like some tools use them
- does its task very fast
a complex and large package like gimp sbbdep can report all binary dependencies within less than one second.
- can be used to generate a dependency file in a build script
sbbdep works also on directories but this makes only sense for make install DESTDIR targets.
Installation: How to install sbbdep.