Boost::Test Task for Bamboo Documentation
Use Boost::Test C++ Framework with Bamboo! The addon runs multiple tests in parallel and parses their results.
- Boost::Test Task for Bamboo Documentation
- 1. Overview
- 2. Admin guide
- 3. User guide
- 4. Release notes
- 5. Support
- 6. Contact
Boost is a large collection of free peer-reviewed portable C++ source libraries. There are many useful libraries. One of those libraries is Boost::Test, a library for writing and organizing C++ unit tests. This addon (plugin) provides integration of Boost::Test C++ Framework with Atlassian Bamboo.
For download and purchasing details visit Atlassian Marketplace.
- Run tests faster using parallel execution
- Define tests by Ant Style Pattern
- One task for a test runner and a log parser
- Parse-only mode
- Customize tests with environment variables
- Avoid test name collision
- Configurable test execution timeout
- Version 1.0.x => Bamboo 4.1-5.x
2. Admin guide
2.1. How to install
- Log into your Bamboo instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons. The Manage add-ons screen loads.
- Click Find new add-ons from the left-hand side of the page.
- Locate Boost::Test Task via search. The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Boost::Test Task. You're prompted to log into MyAtlassian. Boost::Test Task begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Bamboo instance.
3. User guide
3.1. Task parameters (general)
|Parse-Only Mode||If turned on the plugin won't run test executables but parse already created test output files. Default value is off.|
|Subdirectory||By default the working directory (where Ant Style Pattern is applied) is a plan directory. However it can be changed to any other relative directory. For example you can set it to a build output directory.|
3.2. Task parameters (normal mode)
|Test Executables||This is a comma separated list of test executables. You can use Ant Style Pattern to define them. The task fails if there is no test executables or any of them is not producing a valid Boost::Test output. Note: if a test doesn't produce any output during the specified timeout value (can be changed in advanced options) it is treated as hanging and will be terminated.|
|Environment Variables||There you can specify any extra environment variables you want to pass to your tests. Use the format |
3.3. Task parameters (parse-only mode)
|Test Output Files||This is a comma separated list of test output files. You can use Ant Style Pattern to define them. To get proper xml files use the following command line options during tests execution: |
|Pick Outdated Files||If turned on the plugin will process all matched files. Otherwise only files changed after the build start time will be processed. Default value is off.|
3.4. Task parameters (advanced)
|Use task name to avoid name collisions||Task name will be appended to a test suite name (to fulfill Bamboo requirement for unique names).|
|Use file name to avoid name collisions||File name will be appended to a test suite name (to fulfill Bamboo requirement for unique names).|
|Timeout||Test execution timeout, in minutes. Default value is 10.|
4. Release notes
Version 1.0.9 (01 Jun 2017)
- Fixed: NumberFormatException bug introduced in 1.0.8
Version 1.0.8 (01 Jun 2017)
#11: Ability to change test execution timeout value
Version 1.0.7 (06 Dec 2016)
#10: Avoid test name collision
- New: Drop Bamboo 4.x support
- New: Update to transformless plugin model
Version 1.0.6 (12 Apr 2016)
#9: A test is failed with a return code 200 (was not fully fixed in 1.0.5)
Version 1.0.5 (11 Apr 2016)
#9: A test is failed with a return code 200
Version 1.0.4 (02 Nov 2015)
#7: Do not check modification time for executables
Version 1.0.3 (23 Jul 2015)
#6: Make plugin usable purely to parse test logs
Version 1.0.2 (26 Oct 2014)
#1: Java Error PluginLicenseManager when using BoostTestTask
#3: Set idle timeout on Bamboo 4.x
#4: Under certain circumstances threadpool is shut down too early without executing tests
#5: Add friendly log messages if a test is timeouted or crashed
Version 1.0.1 (30 Jul 2014)
- Fixed: Bamboo 5.6 compatibility
- Improved: Move to the API provided by UPM 2.x.
- Renamed: BoostTest -> Boost::Test
Version 1.0.0 (14 Jul 2014)
- Initial public release
If you find a bug, have a feature request or have an idea how to improve this plugin please post it to the public bug tracker.