Introduction to POPStarter rev13 – Official documentation
POPStarter is a launcher which lets you play your PS1 games in combination with $ony’s PS1 emulator for PS2 (known as “POPS” or “SLBB-00001”). Unlike the previous POPStarter versions and the proofs of concept, POPStarter r13 does NOT contain the emulator itself or libraries that belong to $ony. It is safe to publish in forums/sites that don’t tolerate warez stuff, as long as it’s not repacked with the decrypted emulator files or things like a PS BIOS.
POPStarter is available for free download. If you spent an outrageous amount of money in ordering a HDD that contains preinstalled games and POPStarter, YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED. Never purchase a physical copy of POPStarter when the “seller” wants more $$$ than the media price and the shipping fees.
- FINAL RELEASE : POPStarter Revision 13 RIP 06
- Code cleanup - USBD and USBHDFSD drivers reverted to builds from WIP 02 Since the drivers from prototype 2 reduced performances in BOTH POPStarter and POPS. - Bugfixed : POPStarter wasn't loading MODULE_#.IRX. Massive thanks to ShaolinAssassin for helping me to find what was broken. - POPStarter now accepts PS2CD and PS2CDDA disc types. In other words, you can now perform the disc swap trick with a pressed PS2 CDROM, in uLE or Swap Magic for example. Your original disc (PS1/PS2) track 1 (data track) must have an equal or bigger TOC than the track 1 of your backup. - Automated $COMPATIBILITY_0x05 for Resident Evil SLES-00200/SLES-00227/SLES-00228 as requested.
Official Thread :
- [PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter @ASSEMblergames
Official Compatibility Lists :
|Device||Compatibility list||The form for submitting reports|
- PSX DVR support
- CD, HDD, USB & SMB support
- CDDA tracks support
- VMC support
- In-Game-Reset support
- In-Game Hotkeys
- Embedded cheat engine
- Automatic PAL patcher for PAL games
- 480p support (NOT reliable ATM)
- GTE widescreen hack
- Multi-disc support
- Analog and vibration support
Quickstart guides (updated ~ 2017/10/27) :
Since this documentation is growing – a lot – as POPStarter is developped, I felt that new users could be over either too bored to read the whole documentation or overwhelmed by too much informations at the same time. So I wrote 3 quickstart guides, whose explain how to set-up POPStarter quickly.
These packs include now Rev 13 RIP 06 as POPStarter version.
POPStarter project is officially abandonned by krHACKen. Last build – Rev 13 RIP 06 – was released on 2017/10/20. POPStarter src code is unreleased. Some stuff you need to know about it here.
Thanks anyone who contributed, supported and helped this project.