Introduction to POPStarter rev13 – Official documentation
POPStarter is a launcher which lets you play your PS1 games in combination with $ony’s PS1 emulator for PS2 (known as “POPS” or “SLBB-00001”). Unlike the previous POPStarter versions and the proofs of concept, POPStarter r13 does NOT contain the emulator itself or libraries that belong to $ony. It is safe to publish in forums/sites that don’t tolerate warez stuff, as long as it’s not repacked with the decrypted emulator files or things like a PS BIOS.
POPStarter is available for free download. If you spent an outrageous amount of money in ordering a HDD that contains preinstalled games and POPStarter, YOU HAVE BEEN ROBBED. Never purchase a physical copy of POPStarter when the “seller” wants more $$$ than the media price and the shipping fees.
- FINAL RELEASE : POPStarter Revision 13 Beta 2019/06/05
- Compiled with jan 14 2019 USB drivers. - One (or more) non-working command was fixed too. I vaguely remember that $IGR5 was not working, and was fixed in this last build. - This is the POPStarter version everyone should use, 2019/06/05. This is the last beta.
Official Thread :
- [PS2] POPS stuff & POPStarter @PSX-Place
Compatibility Lists :
- ElOtroLado Compatibility List : [UPDATED – 03/04/2023]
|Device||Compatibility list||Submit reports|
|Internal HDD, USB & SMB||here||here|
- Official Compatibility Lists : [OBSOLETE & DEATH]
|Device||Compatibility list||The form for submitting reports|
- PSX DVR support
- CD, HDD, USB & SMB support
- CDDA tracks support
- VMC support
- In-Game-Reset support
- In-Game Hotkeys
- Embedded cheat engine
- Automatic PAL patcher for PAL games
- 480p support (NOT reliable ATM)
- GTE widescreen hack
- Multi-disc support
- Analog and vibration support
Quickstart guides (updated ~ 2020/02/09) :
Since this documentation is growing – a lot – as POPStarter is developped, I felt that new users could be over either too bored to read the whole documentation or overwhelmed by too much informations at the same time. So I wrote 3 quickstart guides, whose explain how to set-up POPStarter quickly.
These packs include now Rev 13 Beta 2019/06/05 as POPStarter version.
POPStarter project is officially abandonned by krHACKen. Last build – Rev 13 Beta 2019/06/05 – was released on 2019/06/05. POPStarter src code is unreleased. Some stuff you need to know about it here.
Thanks anyone who contributed, supported and helped this project.