Welcome to the home page of ART, a free, open-source, cross-platform raw image processing program. ART is a derivative of the popular RawTherapee, trading a bit of customization and control over various processing parameters for a simpler and (hopefully) easier to use interface, while still maintaining the power and quality of RawTherapee.
- Binaries of the latest stable version are available at: https://bitbucket.org/agriggio/art/downloads/
Other binaries (nightly builds and/or optimized builds for specific architectures):
- Optimized Windows binaries: https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/ART-W64NightlyBuilds/
- Windows nightly builds: https://github.com/aferrero2707/art-win64/releases
- Linux AppImages: https://github.com/aferrero2707/art-appimage/releases
- PPA for Ubuntu and derivatives: https://launchpad.net/~dhor/+archive/ubuntu/myway
- Packages for OpenSuse: https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:polslinux:ART/ART
- Packages for ArchLinux and derivates (via AUR): https://clttr.info/art-aur
- Experimental Mac OSX builds (please test!): https://github.com/aferrero2707/art-win64/releases/tag/continuous
Source code is available at: https://bitbucket.org/agriggio/art/src
Compared to RawTherapee, ART differs in the following main aspects:
The user interface and the underlying processing pipeline have been significantly restructured, with many tools removed, some new tools added, and several tools rewritten and/or refactored.
Various new tools for performing local edits have been added, with support for various masking modes (both drawn and parametric).
A new automatic perspective correction tool (taken from darktable) has been added.
Support for Canon CR3 raw files, thanks to LibRaw (for decoding) and exiftool (for metadata handling). Important: the Canon 1D X Mark III has a new CR3 format, which is not supported yet. If you have the camera and are willing to contribute, please get in touch with the LibRaw folks!
Star ratings and colour labels can be loaded and stored from/to XMP sidecar files.
Snapshots are now permanent, saved in the processing profiles.
Processing profiles have
.arpextension instead of
.pp3, to avoid conflicts with RawTherapee.
The "inspector mode" tool of the file browser has been significantly enhanced.
The current version is 1.5.3. It was released on September 16th 2020.
ART is released under the GNU General Public License version 3.