Browser Chooser 2
Browser Chooser 2 is a small tool acting as the default browser allowing you to choose what browser or other tool to open any given link in.
It is a fork from the original Browser Chooser which as of 2013 appears unmaintained. It gives you the flexibility to choose what browser to use for any given task. It is developed in VB.Net.
Work is ongoing towards Beta 2, although no timeline is set. My current goal is to have it out by Mid-March, but no guarantees.
Release 1 - May 20th, 2017
Relase 1 was released on May 20th, 2017. See below for more information or download BC2 at [http://browserchooser2.com/app/Browser%20Chooser%202.exe]
- Navigating the Main Screen
- More can be seen in the Documentation
- Licence: MSPL, Why this licence?
Does BC2 contact the Internet?
Yes, BC2 does contact the Internet when it is run. There are two files that BC2 will look at. The first is the update check file. If you have check for updates disabled, this file is not downloaded. The second is downloaded only if on first run or you click on detect browsers button. This is the known browsers file. No information is sent to these addresses nor tacked by Browser Chooser 2 nor me.
Release 1 - May 20th, 2017
Relase 2 was released on May 20th, 2017. See below for more information or download BC2 at [http://browserchooser2.com/app/Browser%20Chooser%202.exe]
This release re-worked the settings screen and added an option to send the URL to a website (e.g. whois)
Previous Releases here at BitBucket
Beta 2 - May 29th, 2016
Beta 2 was released on May 29th, 2016. See below for more information or download BC2 Beta 2 at [http://browserchooser2.com/app/Browser%20Chooser%202.exe]
This should be the last beta version. There may be a release candidate. And hopefully it won't take another year.
It contains many UI improvements, and complete Windows 10 support.
Beta 1 - July 23rd, 2015
Beta 1 was released on July 23rd. It is mostly a bug fix release but includes a few more notable features.
- Navigate the main screen grid with the arrow keys,
- Cleaned up look (i.e. checkboxes),
- Accessibility improvements.
See the release page for more information.
Donations / Contributions
If you choose, you can buy me a beer or two via paypal at [https://paypal.me/gmoreau]. I would prefer pull requests however.
TBA - TBD
To be determined if this beta is the last beta or not. Depends on the number of new features and bug fixes. See Beta Action Items List for more information
- Allow as many choices as the user wants (ex. 10 browsers arranged in a 5 x 3 grid plus 2 editors)
- Have auto-loading urls (i.e. intranet pages load in IE automatically) ** Delay auto-loading a url if requested
- Gracefully take over Default browser
- Flexibility of choice.
- See Ideas List (to be migrated from old wiki) for more
Longer term goals
- Integrate into the explorer shell to load a browser or editor directly from the context menu