The release consists of three separate parts:
- DAZ Importer, a Blender add-on for importing native DAZ Studio files (.duf, .dsf) into Blender. It also contains some tools to make the assets more animation friendly.
- MHX Runtime System, a Blender add-on for posing the MHX rig.
- Diffeo HD Exporter, a DAZ Studio plugin by Donald Dade to export HD scenes to Blender.
Links to download pages
- Save the zip file somewhere on your computer.
- Copy the Scripts folder from to_daz_studio to one of the DAZ directories.
- In DAZ Studio, set up menus.
- In DAZ Studio, save the DAZ root paths.
- In Blender, install the DAZ Importer add-on. The MHX Runtime System and DAZ HD Morphs add-on can also be installed.
- In the Global Settings dialog, Load Root Paths.
- Save the DAZ scene as a .duf file.
- Export To Blender with the provided add-on to a .dbz (Daz-Blender-Zipped) file with the same name as the .duf file.
- In Blender, import the .duf file with Mesh Fitting set to DBZ File.
Documentation / Tutorials
- Installation Guide
- Export from DAZ Studio
- Import into Blender
- Global Settings
- Setup Tab
- Runtime Tab
- List of Blog Posts
- Scripting Documentation
WHICH VERSION OF BLENDER TO USE. by Alessandro.
Please note that the actual “stable“ versions of blender are 2.93, 3.3 and 3.6. All other versions may include major bugs that will not be fixed even if reported, since they are either discontinued or non-LTS versions.
Then 3.3 introduces the volumetric bug with daz skins, but this is by design so not considered a bug by the blender team. Thus the only stable blender version fully compatible with diffeomorphic and daz studio is 2.93, though there are workarounds. See the discussion below including a custom blender build by Mike Fischer.