Welcome to SCL's manips group page
Getting Started with the Wiki
Installation and Help
- Install Linux
- Getting started with the Simulator
- Setting up locally the scl-manips-wiki
- Install Eclipse
- Configure Eclipse for code editing
- Configure Eclipse for compiling project
- Configure Eclipse to use a different color theme
- Configure Qt Creator for coding
- Configure CLion for coding etc. (Nice GUI + CMake integration)
- Using git
- Setting up ssh access
- Using vim
- Using Ubuntu
- How to do MAKE-files
- How to do CMAKE-files
Git Merging and Collabration
- Sending Pull Requests and Collaborating : Read this if you want to contribute to master
- Merging after update to Chai3d 3.0
SCL Control Architecture & Robot Specific Programming
SCL Software Design Ideology & Code Organization
Creating Controllers and Robot Models
SCL Distributed Setup (with Redis)
- Distributed simulation, visualization, and control using Redis (Overview)
- Configure redis to accept connections over the network
- Spatial Dynamics & Featherstone's Algorithms
- Note, the following are part of a first attempt at GUIs. We will move these to the browser.
Bot to Bot (Natural Language HRI)
- Setting up an Alexa skill
- Setting up an Alexa Lambda to communicate skill outputs
- Setting up a redis server to receive skill outputs
- Running robot control with skill outputs
- Simple SCL + Redis (Webdis) Dashboard Web Interface
- SCL + Redis (Webdis) Trajectory Specification Web Interface
- Note, the following are part of a first attempt at web interfaces. Will likely have to be re-done.
How do I?
- Create a new operational point task?
- Create a new generalized coordinate space task?
- Get the SRigidBodyDyn object for a task (to compute dynamics)?
- Switch tasks on/off during in response to run-time events?
- Use keyboard inputs for my task?
- Use mouse inputs for my task?
- Completely remap the ui keys and mouse interaction?
- Move from glut to Qt?
- Print text on the screen during execution?
- Add graphics-only objects to the simulation?
- Export part and mass properties from Solidworks to STL
- Add different robot specs to the graphics and physics portion of the simulation?
- Design an application with multiple robots?
- Integrate a planner?
- Debug my application in 32 bit linux? Eigen throws an error about vector alignment.
- Create an OBJ from a Solidworks part?
- Look at my OBJ file to see if it is ok?
- Center a Solidworks part in Blender?
- Access a key handler?
- Use the Jr3 Driver under Linux?
- Use a CMappedList?
- Reorder link-id's inside a tree?
- Add a frame? Sort links? Set xml options...
- Make sure my dynamics run in real time...
Help me! (Weird errors)
- Example controller : A comprehensive example that exports most of scl's functionality
- Network controller : Excutables demonstrating how to interface with scl over the network
Debugging control implementations
- My code doesn't work. Help!
- Deciding control gains
- Controller instabilities?
- Deciding control task priority order
- Tasks conflict with each other
- Task doesn't do anything: Filtered by null space?
- Task doesn't do anything: Theoretical control design issues?
- Which is better: Robot-specific vs. Robot-independent tasks
- I'm getting confused with ids: Which position in q_ refers to what joint?
Haptic fMRI Interface Documentation
Here is part of the documentation for the HFI:
- Puma Robotics Platform Setup
- Run the Puma example program in Windows
- Run the Puma example program in Ubuntu
Kuka iiwa Operation
- Kuka IIWA Robot Startup/Restart
- Kuka IIWA Robotic Platform Setup and Operation
- Kuka IIWA Robot Programming
- Running the Kuka IIWA With Jedis
Kuka lwr Operation
Motion Capture Operation
Barrett WAM Operation
- Turning on and Operating Barrett WAM
- Barrett WAM Operation
- Set up libbarrett on Ubuntu (stock)
- Barrett WAM Model Details
- Barrett WAM Tips and Tricks
- Running the Barrett WAM with Redis and SCL
Kinova Jaco Operation
- Instruction for Using the Kinova
- Diagram of How the Kinova Works
- The Kinova Jaco xml files (Ask Samir for the pass)
Here are notes on how to configure various hardware and software platforms on NeuroArm:
- NeuroArm Robotic Platform - V3 Overview
- NeuroArm Robotic Platform - V3 Control Electronics
- NeuroArm Robotic Platform Overview
- NeuroArm Electrical Configuration
- Installing the EtherCAT Master Application
- Installing the XDE Environment
- Loading Code and Running Demo XMOS Apps
Here are notes on how to build your own app that controls NeuroArm:
Nengo Robot Controller
- Create a network of neurons with various parameters etc.
- Sample a given robot's kinematics and dynamics
- Fit the neuron responses to the robot function
- Pass the input vector/scalar and compute the desired function
- Assume all I/O is through redis
- Example : Run an SNN with the Kinova Jaco (sim only)
- Example : Run an SNN with the Kinova Jaco (real robot)
Haptic Teleoperation Demo & KUKA Torque Interface
- Intro : WBC with the KUKA LWR
- Build : Build the Project
- Usage : How to setup and run the demo
- Software : How to use SMIC and the KUKA Torque Interface to run your own SCL controllers on the LWR
- Using the Kinect : With OpenNi, OpenCV
Here are private pages for people's programming and misc. notes: